Friday, March 11, 2011

What are these tiny round things...?

A few weeks ago I was following the blog of a friend of mine (how do you link blogs here? blargh, I'll put it in later) and reflecting on the challenges I've had with food addiction. In our dialogue, I considered going vegan for a period of a few weeks to assist me with getting past my addiction.
When I presented this to my fiance, I expected him to at best, grudgingly agree to my change, and at worst, perhaps give me a hard time. However, I was surprised to find that he wanted to join and support me on my journey.

It was my fiance, then, who suggested that we dual purpose this challenge. The two of us decided to go vegan for Lent, using the time for contemplation both personally and spiritually.

Lent began two days ago with our Ash Wednesday service.

I wanted to blog some about the challenges of being vegan when it is not what you are used to, about getting past food addiction, about the spiritual journey of a kind of "fasting".

So, I plan to document everything from recipes to inner dialogue in an effort to search out what works for me (us) as we go through this time.

Cheers,

Flea

1 comment:

  1. For the longest time I couldn't get your blog to load, but now it loads! YAY! So glad you guys are going the healthy route...how has this affected your weight/energy/fitness, if at all? I found when I went vegan (also went GF and low sodium too though) my energy skyrocketed and my weight plummeted. Just curious how this experience stacks up for you and M!

    ReplyDelete